Griffins Mills is a 5-acre cemetery located at 67 West Falls Road in the Hamlet of West Falls in the Town of Aurora. In March 1834, the West Aurora Cemetery Society was organized with Henry L. Baker as clerk. The land was presented as a gift by Colonel Orange Train Brown. The site was an old peach orchard located on West Falls Road just south of Mill Road, now adjacent to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church.
Prior to the establishment of this cemetery, many bodies were buried in the West Aurora Graveyard Cemetery which was established before April 5, 1829, and located in a low point near where the road forded the creek. They were subsequently moved to this new plot. In addition to the veterans of the Revolutionary War, there are also many veterans of the War of 1812 and the Civil War buried in Griffins Mills Cemetery.
Today at Griffins Mills Cemetery, we provide our services at affordable costs and are here to assist and support families during what is typically a time of great personal loss and sorrow. We pledge reverence and dignity in the cemetery’s daily operations, and are committed to assuring its future.